Using the Satellite TV Wi-Fi adapter from Bell
The Satellite TV Wi-Fi adapter gives your HD PVR receiver (model 9241 or 9400) access to your home Wi-Fi network. It connects to your receiver’s USB port and it comes with a cradle to make it easy to position it for maximum Wi-Fi signal strength.
To install the adapter, follow the instructions below:
- Turn on your TV and your HD PVR receiver.
- Plug the Wi-Fi adapter into the USB extension cradle (included).
Note: for best signal strength, place the adapter in an open location, away from other electronics.
- Plug the USB extension cradle into a USB port on your HD PVR receiver and make sure the LED light on the adapter turns on.
Note: if the rear USB port is currently in use, your HD PVR receiver has an additional USB port under a cover on the front right of the receiver.
- Once connected, a pop up will appear on your TV screen. Select Setup with your remote to begin configuring your Wi-Fi connection.
- Your receiver will scan for nearby Wi-Fi networks. Select your home network from the list of available networks, then click Done.
- You will be prompted for the Wi-Fi password. Enter it using your remote, then select Done.
- The receiver will automatically run a connection test and will show the results.
- If the test is successful, select Done.
- If not successful, check that your Wi-Fi password is correct and try again. If the problem persists, you can troubleshoot your receiver’s connection.
- Once the test is successful, you will then see a screen showing the signal strength. Position the Wi-Fi adapter cradle until you see at least 2 out of 3 green lights appear on the screen (as circled below).
To maximize the signal strength, move the cradle away from the receiver and other electronic devices (microwave, phones, cameras, baby monitors) and avoid placing it in a closed space such as inside wooden furniture or behind glass doors.
- Select OK to complete the configuration.
To change your Wi-Fi settings later or to configure a new Wi-Fi network, you can either:
- Unplug your Wi-Fi adapter and plug it back into the receiver to make the setup screens reappear.
- Press the MENU button on the remote, then press 6 1 4 2 1 (System setup → Installation → Connectivity → Broadband setup → Wireless setup).
More help: How to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi connection.