What is a temporary service suspension?
A temporary service suspension helps you save money by suspending your phone service while you’re away or on vacation for-one to six months. Your service is reactivated automatically on the date you choose.
A single one-time charge of $49 applies to set up the suspension, no matter how many services you suspend (the services must be listed together in MyBell). There are no monthly fees during the temporary service suspension, with the exception of rent-to-own charges and financing.
What to expect during the suspension
- Your home phone will not have a dial-tone. When someone calls your number, they will hear that the number is currently out of service. If your alarm service is dependent on your Bell Home phone service, you may not want to suspend it.
- You will not be able to connect to the Internet at home. You can still check your Bell email at bell.ca/bellmail using a different Internet connection (e.g. from an Internet café). Your personal Web space will be deactivated during the suspension.
- You will not have access to your TV programming on any of your receivers. Please keep your Satellite TV receivers connected to an electrical outlet during the suspension. We need to communicate with your receivers to reactivate your service at the end of the suspension.
- A one-time suspension charge will be applied on your next bill.
- Service charges will be prorated. The amounts depend on the dates when the suspension takes effect and when it ends.
- You can use your calling card but the basic long distance rates will apply (your long distance plan will also be suspended)
- Monthly rental charges (for example if you rent-to-own a TV receiver) will continue to apply as per the terms of service.
Log in to MyBell to set up your temporary suspension, or to change or cancel an existing suspension.