1. When facing the front of the Samsung Galaxy S5, the notch to remove the back cover is at the top right of the phone.
2. Using your thumb or finger, lift up the back cover using the small notch at the top of the phone.
3. If the battery is already in the phone, you need to remove it before inserting the SIM and/or memory card. Using your thumb or finger, lift up the battery via the small notch at the bottom of the battery compartment.
4. With the metal contacts facing down, slide the SIM card into the SIM card slot.
5. If you want to add a microSD card, slide it into the slot above the SIM card slot.
6. Line up the gold contacts on the battery with the contacts on the phone. Insert the top part of the battery first, then push it into place.