If your Palm smartphone isn’t getting any voice or data service at all, you can try the following to troubleshoot the problem.
- Are you using your smartphone inside a building? If so, the network signal strength may be insufficient. Check the icon on your home screen that shows the number of bars of coverage you have. If coverage is poor, try moving near a window or going outside.
- Make sure your phone isn’t in airplane mode and that the phone and Wi-Fi options are turned on. On Palm OS smartphones, you can toggle in and out of airplane mode by holding the power button down for a few seconds. On Windows Mobile smartphones, you adjust the settings for airplane mode, phone and Wi-Fi from the Wireless Manager or Comm Manager screens.
Please visit the phones and accessories page and select your phone model to consult your user guide for more detail.
- Reset your Palm smartphone. Visit the phones and accessories page and select your phone model to see your user guide for instructions on performing a soft reset.
- Ensure you have the latest software upgrade for your Palm smartphone.
- Check our coverage maps to ensure you have coverage.
- Does this only occur when you’re roaming? If so, ensure that your Palm smartphone isn’t set to Home only. The Home only setting prevents your smartphone from selecting another carrier when you roam outside the Bell network. Visit the phones and accessories page and select your phone model to see your user guide for information on adjusting this setting. Note: Disabling home only will allow roaming on foreign networks. Roaming charges will apply. Learn more about using your smartphone in the U.S. or using your smartphone overseas.
If you need further assistance, please contact customer service.