If your HTC smartphone isn’t getting any voice or data service at all, you can try the following to troubleshoot the problem.
- Are you using your smartphone inside a building? If so, the network signal strength may be insufficient. Check the icon on your home screen that shows the number of bars of coverage you have. If coverage is poor, try moving near a window or going outside.
- Make sure your phone isn’t in airplane mode and that all connectivity options are turned on:
- Launch Comm Manager. HTC 6800 and Touch series: Tap Start, then Programs, then Comm Manager HTC 5800: Select Start, then Comm Manager
- Make sure that Airplane Mode (or Flight Mode) is off and that Phone and Wi-Fi are on.
- Ensure you have the latest software upgrade for your HTC smartphone.
- Check our coverage maps to ensure you have coverage.
- Does this only occur when you’re roaming? If so, ensure that your HTC smartphone isn’t set to Home only. The Home only setting prevents your smartphone from selecting another carrier when you roam outside the Bell network. Visit the phones and accessories page and select your phone model to see your user guide for information on adjusting this setting. Note: Disabling home only will allow roaming on foreign networks. Roaming charges will apply. Learn more about using your smartphone in the U.S. or using your smartphone overseas.
If you need further assistance, please contact customer service.