Your BlackBerry trackball can get dirty from day-to-day use. Follow the steps below to clean your trackball by clearing away any dirt that might be trapped.
- Press in the trackball and start rolling up. Keep rolling for 15 seconds.
- Continue to press in the trackball and roll down for 15 seconds.
- Change direction and start rolling the trackball to the left while pressing for 15 seconds.
- Finally, roll the trackball to the right for 15 seconds.
- Confirm that your BlackBerry trackball performance has improved. If it has not, repeat the steps above.
If the performance of the trackball does not improve after two cleaning attempts, go to your nearest participating Bell store location (PDF 178.25 KB) to have your trackball replaced.
Unfortunately, the trackball for the BlackBerry Tour and BlackBerry Bold 9000 cannot be replaced and needs to be serviced at a product assistance centre.
Important: Do not use water, compressed air or any cleaners on your trackball. This will damage your BlackBerry smartphone and can void the warranty.