Freezes are often related to the software on the smartphone rather than a defect with the hardware itself. Here are some ways to troubleshoot the problem yourself.
- Ensure you have the latest software update for your BlackBerry smartphone.
- Confirm that there is enough memory available on your smartphone:
- From the Home screen, select Options.
- Select Status.
- The field File Free displays the amount of memory left. A value of zero means the smartphone is short on storage.
- Learn how to free up memory on your BlackBerry. Remove any unnecessary applications. For instructions on how to do this, please check your BlackBerry smartphone user guide by visiting the phones and accessories page and choose your phone model. A link to your user guide will be displayed alongside your phone.