If you find your BlackBerry smartphone drops calls, try the following to solve the problem.
- Are you using your mobile phone or smartphone inside a building? If so, the network signal strength may be insufficient.
In the upper right-hand corner of your BlackBerry home screen you’ll see a number of coverage bars indicating signal strength. If you don’t see any coverage bars or if there is an out of service (SOS) icon, then you do not have adequate wireless coverage.
Here are a couple of ways to check the network signal strength.
- Make sure your BlackBerry is turned on
- From the Home screen, click the Options icon
- In the Options screen, click Status
- In the Status screen, check the Signal field. The signal strength must be within the -40 to -100 Dbms range to give you adequate wireless coverage.
You can also check your wireless signal strength using a keyboard shortcut (on BlackBerry smartphones with full QWERTY keyboards).
- While holding down your BlackBerry's ALT key, type the letters N, M, L, L
- Your home screen will show your wireless signal strength, measured in Dbms.
If you don’t have adequate signal strength, try your call from another part of the building or outside.
- Ensure you have the latest software upgrade.
- Does this problem happen when using one of the following?
- Wired headset
- Bluetooth headset
- Hands-free Bluetooth car kit
If so, try using your BlackBerry smartphone without the accessory.
- Ensure you have coverage by viewing our coverage maps.
If the problem persists, please contact customer service for further assistance.