I’ve inserted my device but it says “No Data Service Available"
If you’ve inserted your Turbo Stick into your computer and it shows “No Data Service Available”, remove your Turbo Stick and insert it into a different USB port.
If another USB port is not available, remove the Turbo Stick and restart Mobile Connect. Once Mobile Connect is restarted, reinsert the Turbo Stick.
If this does not solve the problem:
- Review all the help and troubleshooting material in the Getting Started Guide that came with your Turbo Stick to ensure it is connected correctly.
- You may be in an area with poor network coverage. Coverage is required for you to install and use your Turbo Stick. Check the signal level shown on the main screen of Mobile Connect, also Check our coverage maps or try a different location in your building.
- If you are outside of Canada, you may not have roaming enabled. Check the Mobile Connect help guide for additional details on roaming. If Mobile Connect is configured to allow roaming, your account may not be setup for roaming, check www.bell.ca/roaming for additional details.
- Try using a USB extension cable to ensure a solid connection to the computer, and to allow positioning the Turbo Stick closer to a window (if coverage is a concern).
- If you are using a Windows computer, ensure that you have the latest Service Packs for your computer operating system. For more information, visit Microsoft.com
- Ensure that you have the access permissions to install new software on your computer. This includes having login administrative rights for business customers, and adjusting Internet security settings to allow software installation, if required. Generally, if you’re able to install other programs (such as Adobe Acrobat Reader), you can install a Turbo Stick and Mobile Connect software.
- Check for and close other programs that may be conflicting with your Turbo Stick connection or Mobile Connect. These may include programs that use GPS services or include data connection management functions.
If the problem persists, please contact us.