If you’re not receiving email from your Hotmail, MSN, Sympatico or Bell Internet accounts, but are receiving email from other accounts, it’s likely that you need to re-validate your Hotmail, MSN, Sympatico or Bell Internet accounts. For security reasons, these accounts need to be re-validated every 90 days. You’ll get a reminder message about 3 days before your accounts expire. You can re-validate your accounts from your computer or from your BlackBerry smartphone.
If you’re not receiving email from any account, read the article
I’m not receiving email on my BlackBerry smartphone for help troubleshooting.
To re-validate using your computer:
- Log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)
- On the Email Accounts screen, click the icon next to the email account you want to revalidate.
- A Validation screen will appear. Type in your email account password and click OK
- You’ll see a confirmation message if the re-validation was successful.
To re-validate using your BlackBerry smartphone:
- Press or touch Menu
- Click the Email Settings icon located in either the Setup folder or on the BlackBerry smartphone Home screen
- If necessary, scroll down and type your username and password and then select Log in
- Select Edit under the email account you want to re-validate
- Type in your email account password
- Scroll down and select Save