What you need:
- Micro SD card with at least 1 GB of free space (sold separately)
- USB data cable (included)
- Computer running Microsoft Windows XP or a later version (Mac currently not supported)
Before you begin:
- Make sure the phone is fully charged.
- Insert the micro SD card into the phone. For instructions, please consult the user guide.
Update your phone:
- On the computer, download and install the Sonim Software Update Tool.
- To launch the update tool, click Start > All Programs > Sonim Software Update Tool > Sonim Software Update Tool.
- Turn on the phone by pressing and holding the End/Power button.
- Connect the phone to the computer using the USB data cable.
- On the phone, select COM port.
- In the Sonim Software Update Tool, click Next to check for updates.
- Click Install to start the update.
- Click the checkbox to accept the terms and conditions, then click OK.
- The software will be loaded onto the phone.
- Click OK once the update reaches 100%.
- Turn off the phone by pressing and holding the End/Power button.
- Remove the data cable from the phone and computer.
- On the phone, hold the Down button and the End/Power button at the same time. “Update in Progress...” should appear on the screen.
- Once “Update Done!” appears, turn on the phone.
- To ensure the best possible experience, we recommend you perform a factory reset by selecting Menu > Settings > Restore factory settings. To confirm the reset, enter the phone password (1234 is the default). The information stored on the phone will not be lost during the reset.