You can update the operating system on your LG smartphone using a Wi-Fi connection.
- Before you begin, make sure your smartphone is fully charged.
- Your device settings and information will not be affected by the update. Your personal data will be automatically backed up and restored.
- You will not be able to use your smartphone during the update.
To update the software on an LG smartphone:
- Connect to Wi-Fi. If you’re not sure how to do this, consult your user guide.
- Select Menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select About phone.
- Select Software update.
- Select Software update check.
Note: to receive automatic notifications about software updates, select Automatic check.
- If an update isn’t available, you’ll be notified. Otherwise, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the update.
- Once the update has been installed, the smartphone will restart and you will receive a confirmation message.