- Make sure your smartphone is fully charged before you begin the update.
- Your personal data will be automatically backed up and restored.
- You will not be able to use your smartphone during the update.
To update the software on an HTC smartphone:
- From the home screen, select MENU.
- Scroll to and select Settings.
- Select About phone.
- Select System software updates.
- Select Check now.
- You can download the software via Wi-Fi or via your mobile data plan. Select a download option and then select OK.
Note: Select Download via Wi-Fi only to avoid excess data charges. Connect to a Wi-Fi network to complete the update.
- The download will begin.
- Once the download completes, select Install now and then select OK.
- The installation will begin. Upon completion, your smartphone will return to the home screen.