How to set up BlackBerry Internet Service
The best way to set up your BlackBerry smartphone for email is called automatic login. This method allows you to set up email directly from your BlackBerry smartphone, without needing to remember a username or password for your BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) account.
Automatic login creates your BIS account and takes you straight to the email set up page.
If you ever need to change your email settings, simply go to Email Settings and you will have immediate access to your BIS account and options.
To set up automatic login, complete the following steps on your BlackBerry smartphone:
- From the home screen, select the Email Settings icon (this may also be found in the Setup folder). Or, if your smartphone uses the BlackBerry 6 operating system, select Internet Mail Account.
- Review the terms and conditions.
- Select I Accept.
- Select the domain for the email address to be added.
- Type in the email address and password, and select Next.
- Repeat the above steps to set up additional email accounts (maximum of 10).
- If you would like to create a free BlackBerry email address (i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org), select Create New Address and follow the on-screen instructions.