To set up email on your Samsung Ace or Samsung Omnia smartphone:
- First ensure you have subscribed to a rate plan that includes email service.Browse our rate plans or contact us if you’re not sure.
- Select Start and then Messaging
- Select New E-Mail Account (Samsung Ace) or Setup E-mail (Samsung Omnia)
- Type your email address (Samsung Ace) or email address and password (Samsung Omnia). Select Next
- Ensure that the setting “Try to get e-mail settings automatically from the Internet” is enabled and select Next. This step may take 30 seconds. If it fails, select Next
- If prompted, select your email provider. The default option is Internet email. Select Next
- Type your name as you want it to appear on all the email you send from your Samsung smartphone. Select Next
- Type the incoming mail server address. You can get this information from your email service provider. The account type default is POP3. Choose the account type that your email provider uses. Select Next
- Type in the username and password for your email account. The username is typically your email address. You can get this information from your email service provider.
- Select Save password if you want your Samsung smartphone to check email automatically. If you leave Save password disabled, you’ll be prompted to enter the password for your email account every time you check for email. Select Next
- Type in mail.1xbell.ca for the outgoing (SMTP) mail server. Select Next
- Choose how often you want your Samsung smartphone to check for email. The default is Every 2 hours. Select Finish
Your email should start to come in.
If you require further assistance, you can call Technical Solutions.