To set up email on your Palm smartphone running Palm OS:
- First ensure you have subscribed to a rate plan that includes email service. Browse our rate plans or contact us if you’re not sure.
- Select Email or Versamail from the home screen. Versamail is the name of the Palm email software that comes with your Palm OS smartphone.
- If this is the first time you’ve opened Versamail, you will be prompted to set up an email account. If so, continue at step 7. If not, tap the top left corner of the screen to bring up the menus, or press the Menu button.
- Select Accounts / Comptes.
- Select Account Setup / Paramétrage compte.
- Select New / Nouv.
- Type in your email address and email account password. Select Next / Suiv.
- Choose the account type that your email service provider uses. Type in your email account username (typically your email address) as well as the incoming mail server. You can get all this information from your email service provider.
- Type in mail.1xbell.ca for the outgoing (SMTP) mail server.
- Select Done / Suiv when you’ve filled out all the fields.
Your email should start to come in.
If you require further assistance, you can call Technical Solutions 24/7 at 1 877 DATA-123 (1 877 328-2123).