To set up email on your Palm smartphone running Windows Mobile:
- First ensure you have subscribed to a rate plan that includes email service. Browse our rate plans or contact us if you’re not sure.
- Select Start then Messaging
- Select Setup E-mail
- Type your email address and password. Select Next
- Ensure that the setting "Try to get e-mail settings automatically from the Internet" is enabled and select Next. This step may take 30 seconds, if it fails, select Next.
- If prompted, select your email provider. The default option is Internet e-mail. Select Next
- Type your name as you wish it to appear on email you send from your Palm smartphone. The account display name is the name this email account will have on your smartphone. If you have more than one email account, they will each have a unique display name. Select Next
- Type the incoming mail server address. This information can be obtained from your email service provider. Choose the account type that your email provider uses. Select Next
- Type in your username and password for the email account. This setting is typically your email address. You can get this information from your email service provider.
- Select Save password if you want your Palm smartphone to check email automatically. If you leave Save password disabled, you’ll be prompted to enter the password for your email account every time you check for email. Select Next
- Type in mail.1xbell.ca for the outgoing (SMTP) mail server. Select Next
- Choose how often you want your Palm smartphone to check for email. The default is Every 2 hours. Select Finish
You should start to receive your email.
If you require further assistance, you can call Technical Solutions.