If you bought your HTC Tile2 from Bell, it is already set up for the Bell Mobility 4G network.
Follow these instructions to manually configure an unlocked HTC Tile2 for multimedia messaging (MMS) and browsing on the Bell Mobility 4G network.
- Press Start > Settings > All settings.
- Select Connections.
- In My Work Network, add a new modem connection by entering the following settings:
Select a modem: Cellular Line (GPRS, 3G)
- Press Next and enter the following settings:
Access point name (APN): pda.bell.ca
User name: <blank>
- Press Finish.
- Go back to the Connections menu and select Set up my proxy server.
- Put a check mark on This network connects to the Internet.
- Put a check mark on This network uses a proxy server to connect to the Internet.
- Enter the following setting:
Proxy server: web.wireless.bell.ca
- Press Advanced and scroll down to WAP. Enter the following settings:
- Press OK to save the settings.
- Go back to the Connections menu and select Manage existing connections.
- Press My Connection to activate the new settings and press OK.
Please note that you will have to reprogram these settings any time you insert a different SIM card or if you reset the phone.