Yes, as the main account holder, there are two ways you can give others authority to make account changes on your behalf:
- Designate someone with account management capabilities, as described below.
- Authorize someone to unblock data and purchase travel features, if data becomes blocked. We strongly advise you authorize all subscribers on your account to unblock data, to ensure no one experiences any loss of service due to data blocking.
Designate someone with account management capabilities
People you designate to manage your account can:
- Change rate plan or add features
- Add data or roaming features
- Transfer the responsibility of a mobile phone to themselves
- Renew a contract
- Upgrade a phone
- Cancel a mobile number or wireless account
- Change the payment method when on a pre-authorized credit card payment plan using their own card
- Set an account password, which provides an added level of security
Only the account holder can:
- Transfer the responsibility of a mobile phone to others
- Activate additional mobile numbers (except in the case of small business accounts)
- Reactivate an account that was cancelled for non-payment
- Upgrade from a Prepaid to a monthly plan
- Set up an allowance or automatic top-up program on Prepaid plans
- Complete a risk assessment and credit verification
- Manage authorized contacts on the account
- Choose preferred communication method (e-mail, SMS, or both)
- Block subscribers from incurring additional data charges
To designate someone with account management capabilities, please contact us.
Authorize someone to unblock data
For safety, we strongly recommend you authorize all subscribers on your account to unblock data. This ensures there is no loss of service at any time, especially in emergency situations.
Subscribers you authorize to unblock data on your account can:
- Unblock data when the account reaches $50 in additional data charges within Canada
- Purchase Travel Passes once the account reaches $100 in data roaming charges
To authorize someone to unblock data:
- Log into My Bell.
- In the Quick Links section, select Edit Mobility Data Block Settings
- Select Manage settings.
- Change the slider to Yes beside the names of subscribers you permit to unblock data.
- Select Accept & submit changes.
You can review and make changes to your account online through My Bell, or by downloading the Bell Self Serve App to your Device.