Effective November 1st, 2012:
By dialling #TAXI (#8294) on your Bell mobile phone, you can automatically get connected to the first available taxi.
As of November 1st, 2012, the price of #TAXI will be increasing from $1.75 per call to $2.50 per call plus any airtime charges.
Data billing correction
Effective May 24, 2012:
Due to a system limitation, a data session cap was being applied to your monthly data plan. It may have caused your data consumption and overage charges to be understated.
On May 24, 2012, a system correction will take place which may result in a rise in your billed usage.
To ensure you have an adequate amount of time to understand your true data usage and to ensure you’re on the correct data plan, we are zero-rating your overage charges until October 1, 2012.
Effective February 1, 2012, pay-per-use text messaging rates will change as follows:
- Sent and received text messages (including messages sent to the U.S.) will be changed from $0.15/message to the rate of $0.20/message.
- Text messages sent from Canada to international destinations will be changed from $0.25/message to the rate of $0.35/message.
- Messages sent from your mobile device to an application (Facebook, Twitter, MSN (instant messaging and email), Webmail, etc.) will be changed from $0.15/message to the rate of $0.20/message.
- Messages sent to your mobile device from an application (Facebook, Twitter, MSN (instant messaging and email), Webmail, Movie Quiz, Zemgo, etc.) will be charged at the rate of $0.20/message.
These changes will have an impact if you:
- Exceed the number of sent and received text messages allotted in your rate plan or bundle
- Use pay-per-use messaging
- Have a limited text messaging bundle: messages received from a mobile application will come out of your allotted text messages
If you have an unlimited text messaging rate plan or bundle, you will not be affected by the rate increases for domestic text messages and messages to/from applications.
You can save on your messaging costs by signing up for a text messaging bundle.
Please note: postpaid customers in the province of Québec will not be impacted by these changes. If you are a postpaid Québec customer under an Ontario account, you will receive an e-bill message about the changes but you will not be impacted. Changes will only apply to prepaid customers in Québec.