The steps for setting the number of rings before your voicemail or No Answer Transfer service picks up are different depending on which Bell Mobility network your phone or smartphone uses.
Don't know which network you're on? Check using our network lookup tool.
On the HSPA/UMTS network, the ring duration is determined by the number of seconds to ring rather than by the number of actual rings.
You can set the ring duration to last from a minimum of 5 seconds up to a maximum of 30 seconds.
- On your mobile phone, dial *61*6473832355*11*number of seconds#(see example below).
- Press SEND.
- A status message will be displayed on the screen of your mobile device stating that Call Forwarding is now enabled.
Example of ring duration set to 20 seconds: *61*6473832355*11*20#
Note: If you enter a number of seconds for the ring duration that is less than 5 or more than 30, the system will automatically abort the change and default to the previous setting.
The change will be effective immediately and there is no cost associated with this change.
For more information, see your user guide for instructions. You can visit the device support section and select your phone model to see your user guide.
- Dial *94, but don't press SEND
- Enter the number of rings (between two and nine) that you’d like your callers to hear before your voicemail picks up.
- Press SEND.
- You will hear a tone to confirm that the change was successful. If the change was not successful, you will hear a fast busy signal; repeat steps 1 to 3.
Note: for help with voicemail on Bell Home phone, please see our Call Answer feature.