You can update your LG smartphone by connecting it to a computer via USB cable and installing software from LG.
- If your phone is plugged into the computer, please unplug it before you begin.
- If you've already installed the USB driver and LG Mobile Support Tool on your computer, you can skip to step 5.
- Currently, this update can only be done on a Windows® computer
To update your LG smartphone:
- Visit LG Canada’s Mobile Support page.
- Under Mobile Product Search, select Cell Phones. In the pop-up window, select your phone's model number and click Go.
Tip: to find the model number on your phone, select Menu > Settings > About phone.
- Scroll to Manuals & Download and select the Software Update tab.
- Download and install the USB Driver for Windows and the LG Mobile Support Tool.
- Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- On the computer, select Start > Programs > LG Mobile Support Tool to launch the LG Mobile Support Tool.
- Click Start Updating in the LG Mobile Support Tool to begin the software update.
Note: if this option isn't available, your phone is already up to date.
For more help and information, contact LG Canada.