The Shredder feature in McAfee® Security from Bell securely deletes files so that they cannot be retrieved from your computer.
To use it:
- Double-click the McAfee icon in your desktop.
- Open the Data Protection and Backup drawer.
- Select Shredder.
- Choose the folder you wish to shred. You can select the Recycle Bin, the Temporary Internet Files, or select Let me choose to specify the folder.
- Choose the type of shred you want to perform, ranging from the fastest, lower security option (Quick) to the slowest but most secure (Complete).
- Click Shred. If you selected Let me choose for your shred file location, you will be prompted to select the folder to shred.
IMPORTANT: Shredder will completely eliminate the contents of whatever folder you select. If you select a folder that is required for your computer to operate, you can permanently damage your operating system. Items that are shredded cannot be recovered.
- On the confirmation screen, click Shred.
Note : The Shredder feature is not compatible with Macintosh computers.
McAfee and the McAfee logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of McAfee, Inc. in the United States and other countries.