Monitor, control and set time limits on your children’s use of software that accesses the Internet.
Setting up program blocking
- Double-click the McAfee® Family Protection icon on your desktop and log in.
- Select Program Blocking.
- Select the user account you want to set preferences for.
- Select the types of programs you want to block. Use the + signs to expand the categories. See below to add your own choices to the Custom Programs category.
- To make these settings apply to everyone who uses your computer, regardless of account name, select the box beside Apply these settings to all users.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Select optional advanced settings:
- Block access to these programs when not logged in (applies to all users): Prevents the specified programs from accessing the Internet regardless which user (if any) is logged in.
- Terminate all Internet activity when logging off: Completely blocks Internet access when the allowed user accounts log off.
- Click Save Settings.
- Click Program Blocking again, then Save Settings.
To add specific programs to the Custom Programs category:
- Right-click the McAfee Family Protection icon on the desktop.
- Select Program Blocking and Block a Program.
- Select the program to be blocked or click Browse to select one that’s not listed.
- Click Block.
- Log in to Family Protection and select Program Blocking.
- Expand Custom Programs.
- Select the custom program you added and click Save Settings. The program you added to the Custom Program list will now be blocked.
McAfee and the McAfee logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of McAfee, Inc. in the United States and other countries.