Manually choosing scan options
You can select from the following:
- Location - Select or deselect the files, folders, and drives that you want to scan.
- All threats in all files - Thoroughly scans all file types. Deselect this option to scan program files and documents only and shorten the scanning time.
- Unknown Viruses - Scans for new, potential viruses. This provides the most thorough scan, but takes more time.
- Archive Files - Scans .zip and other compressed files often bypassed by other anti-virus scanners.
- Spyware and Potential Threats - Detects spyware, adware, diallers, and other unwanted applications. By default, this option is enabled for maximum protection.
- Tracking Cookies - Detects small files called cookies that are stored on your computer by websites you visit.
- Stealth Programs - Scans for programs that change Microsoft Windows system files to escape detection and create security or privacy threats to your computer.
McAfee and the McAfee logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of McAfee, Inc. in the United States and other countries.