Publishing your web page
To publish your web page, you need to transfer your html and picture files to your Personal Webspace. To do so you must be connected to the Internet through your Bell Internet service (not through another ISP). You can use your FTP client or your browser.
Publish your web page with an FTP client
- Open your FTP client.
- In the Server (or Host) name field, enter either ww3.sympatico.ca or www3.bell.net, depending on which matches your email address.
- In the Username and Password fields, enter your Bell Internet user ID (i.e. b1xxxx##) and password.
- Drag and drop your html and picture files from your computer (Local site) to your webspace file directory (Remote site).
Publish your web page with Internet Explorer
- In the address bar, type ftp://www3.sympatico.ca or ftp://www3.bell.net, depending on which matches your email address.
- Enter your Bell Internet user ID (b1xxxx##) and password.
- You will see the contents of your webspace file directory. If you are using Internet Explorer 7, go to the View menu and choose Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer. (This is not required in earlier versions of Internet Explorer.)
- Drag and drop your html and picture files from your computer to your webspace file directory.
Once all your files have been copied to your webspace, enter your Personal Webspace address in your browser to view your web page.