Restarting your high speed modem often solves connection problems such as:
- Slow connection
- Intermitent loss of signal
- Speed fluctuations
- Difficulties when connecting
- Browsing problems
Even if you're not having any problems with your Internet connection, it’s a good idea to restart your modem (and your router, if you have one) at least once a month for maintenance purposes.
To restart a high speed modem:
- Turn your modem off using the on/off switch if it has one, or by unplugging it.
- If you have a separate home networking router, turn it off after your modem powers down.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Turn your modem back on.
- After your modem has finished restarting, turn your router back on.