If you are unable to visit any websites, there may be a problem with your modem or your computer.
Try the following to check and correct your modem’s connection.
- Open your web browser.
- Type http://192.168.2.1 in the address bar and press Enter.
If prompted, enter your username and password. If you haven’t changed the admin username and password, enter the defaults:
- Click on How do I check if my home network is working properly? in the left menu.
The status screen shows which connections are working. If you see Down and a red X beside Network Connection or Bell Internet Connection, verify that your modem has been set up correctly.
If you see Down and a red X beside Wireless Home Networking Connection, follow the steps below.
- Click the Advanced button at the top of the screen.
- Click Sympatico Connection in the left menu.
- Click the Connect button beside PPPoE 0/35. When you are properly connected, PPPoE 0/35 will appear in green and the Connect button will switch to Disconnect.
- If this did not restore your connection, click on PPPoE 0/35.
- Check that your Bell Internet user ID (b1xxxx##) and password are entered correctly.
- Click Save Settings.
You should see a message that says Changes Accepted. If you see Invalid Password instead, you must reset your Bell Internet access password and then repeat steps 5 and 6.
Try visiting several websites to confirm that your modem is now properly connected to the Internet.
If you continue to experience problems, contact us for further assistance