Port forwarding creates rules for transferring data between two devices on the Internet. It can be used to speed up the exchange of data with an online game or website.
To set up port forwarding on your Connection Hub:
- Open your web browser.
- Type http://192.168.2.1 in the address bar and press Enter. If prompted, enter your username and password. If you haven't changed the admin username and password, enter the defaults:
- Click on Network from the left menu.
- Click the Port-Forwarding tab along the top.
- Under Rule Name, select Create a new rule in the drop-down menu.
- Enter the Destination IP or Hostname and Destination Port(s). The Connection Hub will determine your Protocol and Source Port. Be sure to enter all information correctly, as errors may affect your home network.
- Click Save.