To configure Bell Internet DSL service with Windows 8 you’ll need your Bell Internet user ID and password. Your user ID looks like b1xxxx##.
Before you begin, please ensure your modem has been connected properly and is turned on.
- On the home screen, type «control panel». When the Control Panel charm (icon) appears, click it.
- Then, click on Network and Internet and then Network and Sharing Center.
- Under Change your network settings, select Set up a broadband, dial-up, or VPN connection; or set up a router access point.
- Select Connect to the Internet, then click Next.
- Click on Broadband (PPPoE).
- Enter the following information:
- In the User name box, type your Bell Internet user ID
- In the Password box type your access password.
- In the Connection name box, type Bell Internet.
- Click Connect.
- Your computer will attempt to connect to the Internet. If the connection attempt is successful, you'll see a message that says You are connected to the Internet. Click Browse the Internet now to begin.
If the connection attempt fails, contact us for further assistance.