You can be automatically disconnected from the Internet in two ways:
- By your software
- By Bell Internet
Your software can disconnect you after a period of time. Follow the instructions for your operating system to adjust the settings and prevent disconnection.
Bell Internet disconnects after an hour if it doesn’t detect any Web browsing activity. This prevents you being charged extra hours if you forget you are connected.
Note: Bell Tech Expert subscribers can contact us for support with online gaming.
Change the automatic disconnection time in Windows XP
- Click Start, then click:
- Network Connections (or Network and Dial-up Connections in Windows 2000)
- Right-click the Sympatico icon.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Options tab.
- Beside Idle time before hanging up, select the amount of time you want to stay connected. Select Never if you never want to be disconnected.
- Click OK.
Change the automatic disconnection time in Mac OS X
- Click the Apple menu, then click:
- System Preferences
- Select the Show menu.
- Click Internal Modem.
- Click the PPP tab.
- Click PPP Options.
- Beside Disconnect if idle for enter the amount of time you want to stay connected. Uncheck Disconnect if idle for if you never want to be disconnected.
- Click OK.
- Close System Preferences.