If you’re expecting a fax and it goes to your Bell Home phone line, you can redirect it to your fax machine with Three-Way-Calling:
- When you answer the call and hear a fax beep, press the Link, Flash or receiver button.
- Press *71 on your Touch-Tone TM phone (or dial 1171 on a rotary phone).
- Listen for 3 beeps, followed by a dial tone
- Dial the number of the fax machine and wait for it to answer.
- Press the Link, Flash or receiver button briefly.
- Stay on the line until all the noise stops.
The fax will be delivered to your fax machine. Usually, the cover page will identify the sender and include a voice number, so you can contact the sender to stop the fax calls.
A 95¢ charge applies per use, to a maximum of $6.00 a month, or subscribe to a lower monthly rate for unlimited use of Three-Way-Calling.