If your phone is plugged into another device (e.g., an answering machine or fax machine), unplug it from the device and plug it directly into a jack.
Then have someone call you. If the display works, it may mean that Call Display is not compatible with the device you're using. Check your user manual for the device, or call the manufacturer for instructions.
Additionally, the name/number may not display if:
- Your telephone set is not equipped with name/number display. Consult your telephone set's user manual to verify its capabilities.
- The party calling you has chosen to block their name/number.
- The call is coming from businesses using a Centrex line.
- The call is from overseas.
- The call is coming from another service provider that is not sharing the call information with Bell.
If none of these conditions apply and your Call Display is still not working, call our repair department at 6-1-1 from a Bell landline or 310-BELL (2355) from other phones.