Preparing for your Fibe TV installation
To prepare for your installation appointment, we recommend the following:
- You, or a representative over the age of 18, must be present during the installation.
- If you do not own your property, please have explicit authorization from the landlord to install new wiring, including drilling if needed.
- If in a condo or apartment building, please arrange for access to the internal wiring closets through your building management.
- Please have any additional A/V wires you wish to connect from your TV to your Bell Fibe TV receiver. Your Fibe receivers already come with HDMI or component cables (HD), as well as composite/RCA cables (SD video/stereo audio).
- Make sure there is a clear path and unobstructed access to the location where the Fibe TV receiver will be installed and the rear of the TV can be easily accessed.
- Make sure the area where the Fibe TV receiver will reside allows for ventilation and airflow.
- Please have adequate power outlets available at the TV and PC locations. (Power bars are not included in the installation, but we recommend having two available for your installation).
- Make sure TVs and PCs are functioning, and are physically accessible.
- Please provide the login information for your computer so the technician can set up your Internet connection.
- Please have the WEP or WPA key for your wireless home network available so the technician can configure your new gateway with your existing wireless settings.
- Be sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements.