1. My Call Answer doesn’t pick up.
If your Call Answer doesn’t pick up, it may not be set to take messages. To reactivate Call Answer to take messages when you don’t answer, dial *92...
2. I forgot my Call Control password
You can view or reset your Call Control password online. Or, call 6-1-1 to have your password reset.View or reset your Call Control password
3. Forgot my Call Answer password: how to reset my voicemail password
If you lose or forget your Bell Home phone Call Answer voicemail password, you can contact us to reset it.
4. No name and number is showing on my Call Display
If your phone is plugged into another device (e.g., an answering machine or fax machine), unplug it from the device and plug it directly into a jack....
5. I’m having problems with Call Forwarding on my Bell Home phone.
I can't forward my calls. If the phone number you want to forward to is busy or rings with no answer, hang up and repeat the procedure. When...
6. There’s no intermittent dial tone or flashing light when I have Call Answer messages.
Your Call Answer message notification function has been turned off. To reactivate this feature: Dial *98. Enter your password. ...
7. I can't use *98 to access my Online Voice Mail
Try dialling 1198 instead of *98. Other ways to access Online Voice Mail: Dial your own phone number and press 9 when you hear your greeting....
8. My Call Display only shows the number and not the name.
Some phones are equipped to show only the number, while others show the number or the name, one at a time. To toggle back and forth, try using either...
9. Call Privacy is sending all my calls straight to Call Answer
Check that the "Do Not Disturb" mode (also referred to as Peace and Quiet Time) is turned off by dialling *11 and following the prompts.If...
10. The light on my Bell Home phone is flashing but there are no new voicemail messages
If the light on your phone is flashing but there are no new voicemail messages, check your equipment (i.e. unplug the adapter for a few minutes or...